A new Cochrane website was launched in August 2018. The publisher, Wiley, are aware some users are experiencing problems which include searching and finding content and saving searches. Wiley are currently working on fixing these problems as quickly as possible, and have provided the following advice and information:
Cochrane Library Temporary Issues and Fixes
1. Login issues: Some users are experiencing issues with login especially from the search page. Despite typing in the correct password multiple times, the password is not accepted, and the user cannot login. This can occur when trying to save a search, retrieve saved searches or use the login button at the top of the search page.
2. Search won’t save: There is currently an issue if users create a search line on the search tab and use the “Add to Search Manager” tab to move the search. While these search lines transfer correctly, they are causing issues where the search cannot be saved.
3. Cannot export search results: After running a complex search, some users are not able to export search results. It can occur for any of the download formats offered.
4. Search appears different in print than on the Search Page: If users directly key a MeSH term in the Search Manager and then print the search, the Mesh line looks different. In the print format, these MeSH lines get translated to use the format used if they were entered from the Mesh tab directly. This will not impact the ability to run or recreate the search (since the search lines are interchangeable) but we are working to not have this translation occur.
5. Complex Searches will not print: When running complex searches from the search manager tab, some users are experiencing issues with the print button or the export search on the saved search options not working. This is preventing users from documenting their searches. There is currently no workaround to this issue but this is being urgently worked on and we hope to have this resolved within the next 7 days but further updates will be communicated.
Wiley thank you for your patience and ongoing support whilst these address these problems.
For training materials for the new site, please visit the new Cochrane Library Training Hub, which will include videos, webinar sessions, recorded webinars, and other resources. Simply complete the one-time sign up, and you will have access to this regularly updated Training Hub for free.