Adding to our Collections
Broadly, we seek to collect material relating to the University of Liverpool and affiliated institutions and material that enhances existing collections in Special Collections and Archives.
Particular collection strengths include:
- University of Liverpool archive (institutional history; papers of former staff & students)
- Cunard Archive
- Science Fiction collections (printed and archival)
- Medieval and Renaissance manuscripts
- Modern Literary manuscripts, especially those with a connection to Merseyside
- Incunables and early printed books
- Gypsy Lore Society collections
- Children’s Literature and the history of education
- Social & political history, e.g. papers of Rathbone family, Josephine Butler and Lord Owen.
- 18th -19th century printed collections related to Liverpool.[WB1]
For more information please read our Collection Development and Management Policy.