Broadly, we seek to collect material relating to the University of Liverpool and affiliated institutions and material that enhances existing collections in Special Collections and Archives.
Particular collection strengths include:
- University of Liverpool archive (institutional history; papers of former staff & students)
- Cunard Archive
- Science Fiction collections (printed and archival)
- Medieval and Renaissance manuscripts
- Modern Literary manuscripts, especially those with a connection to Merseyside
- Incunables and early printed books
- Gypsy Lore Society collections
- Children’s Literature and the history of education
- Social & political history, e.g. papers of Rathbone family, Josephine Butler and Lord Owen.
- 18th -19th century printed collections related to Liverpool.[WB1]
For more information please read our Collection Development and Management Policy (PDF).