The collection of Thomas Dawson, surgeon, of 26 Rodney Street, given to the University in 1909 by Liverpool shipowner and University benefactor John W. Hughes.
Images. Right: Marine signals from Bidston Hill; Left: Bookplate of Thomas Dawson, MRCS.
More than 500 18th and 19th century pamphlets in 25 bound volumes, with Dawson's mss indexes dated 1860, his signature and address, and his armorial bookplate, lithographed by John McGahey. The binding titles group the collection into categories of Miscellaneous (from ballooning and botanic gardens via marine signals and murder trials to slavery and water supply: 14 volumes); Religious (6 vols); Medical (2 vols); Poetry (2 vols) and 1 volume of Oratorios.